The new year is all about reinvention and rejuvenation! It gives us all a chance to reflect on the areas in which we want to grow in the next twelve months. With social media, we get constant exposure to other’s goals and sometimes this can feel overwhelming. It is a normal instinct to compare oneself to others; however, we must try to change our mindset into motivation! In order to boost motivation and faith in oneself this year, we have compiled a list of different goals you can focus on to leave 2024 a happier and healthier version of yourself. We have split these goal suggestions into three different categories: goals for better physical health, goals that focus on one’s mental health, and goals to achieve a stronger digestive system!
Goals That Focus On One’s Physical Health
- Set a Movement Goal For Yourself - Exercise is one of the most important pillars of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but oftentimes, people get discouraged by the idea of exercising every single day. However, exercising does not have to mean going to the gym every single day. Exercise ranges from more low-impact workouts such as walking and yoga to higher-impact workouts such as weightlifting. Be sure to set a realistic movement goal for yourself this year that fits your specific lifestyle. This can mean simply going on a walk every single day if that is what works for you.
- Stretch Every Day - Stretching is an activity that is often overlooked despite its benefits. Stretching can help improve your flexibility, reduce pain in your body, and can be a way to protect your body as it ages. Stretching can be done in a small period of time and at any point throughout the day. It is best to stretch when your body is warmed up so after your shower can be a great time to do so.
- Prioritize Essential Nutrients In Your Meals - Eating healthy does not require restriction. Instead, focus on maximizing the nutrients you include in your meals. Instead of worrying about the amount of carbohydrates in your meals, try and shift your mindset to focusing on increasing your intake of protein and healthy fats. An unhealthy focus on restriction can lead to malnutrition due to a lack of focus on essential nutrients. Let us focus on feeding our bodies the energy it needs in 2024!
- Limit Alcohol Consumption - Alcohol impacts our body in several ways including: increasing one’s blood pressure, affecting different organs, increasing fatigue, promoting binge eating, and increasing anxiety levels. Try and limit your alcohol consumption this year to avoid these adverse effects.
Mental Health Goals to Feel More At Peace in 2024
- Incorporate Positive Self-Talk and Thinking - Have you ever caught yourself putting yourself down in your thoughts or out loud to others? While we might not notice the direct impact these words have on our mental health, the effect is there. Negative self-talk will change the way you view yourself and in turn how you carry yourself in this world. Make it a priority to promote positive self-talk this year, and change your mindset when you do find yourself participating in a negative conversation.
- Identify Points of Anxiety - Certain activities or aspects of one’s life can be triggering anxiety. For example, many people experience anxiousness after scrolling through social media. If this is you, try and give yourself breaks from social media to reduce its negative impact on your mental health. Try and identify these points of anxiety in your life so that you may reduce your exposure to them this year.
- Give Yourself Grace - In this day and age, it can feel anxiety-inducing when you are not achieving certain goals or are in a certain place in your life. However, it is crucial to give yourself the grace to relax and appreciate where you are in life. Everyone’s pace of life is going to look different so it is important to eliminate those moments of self-shaming to live a more peaceful and fulfilled life.
- Live In The Moment - Overthinking is a shared experience that we have all done at least once in our lives. However, overthinking will only promote stress and anxiety in our lives. We must remember that our past is behind us and the future is yet to happen. Knowing you truly only have control over today can help you to focus on what is in front of you rather than what might be.
Best Digestive Enzymes and Other Ways to Support Your Digestion This Year
- Incorporate Digestive Enzymes Into Your Diet and Routine - Digestive enzymes help your body break down the different substances it consumes. It can be a great support for your digestive system, making it an overall smoother process. Digestive enzymes can be derived from foods such as pineapples, honey, and avocados. They can also be derived from a supplement such as Sexy & Slim.
- Be More Mindful of Your Eating Habits - Poor eating habits such as overeating and eating too quickly can be harmful to your digestive process. These habits can cause bloating, constipation, and stomach pain. Try and focus on eating slowly this year to better understand your body’s needs when it comes to food portions and nutrients.
- Take a Probiotic Supplement - A probiotic supplement helps to foster a healthy environment for your gut to thrive. Bloating is one of the most common side effects of an unhealthy gut, which is why probiotics are one of the best supplements to help with bloating. Probiotics can be taken daily making it a wonderful way to give your body that extra boost of support this year.
- Avoid Eating Triggering Foods - Some people have food intolerances or sensitivities that impact their digestive process. If you are someone who experiences digestive ailments after eating certain foods, it is recommended to eliminate these foods from your diet.