Bloating is something that we have all had to deal with from time to time, sometimes even feeling as if it will never truly go away. Feeling frustrated about bloating can not only be self-discouraging but just downright inconvenient. Learning how to properly reduce stomach bloating when it inevitably does occur will help you to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.
The first step in reducing stomach bloating is understanding where the bloating is coming from. Keeping track of what foods seem to affect your body more than others can help you avoid bloating, but also help you reduce bloating after the fact. Luckily, there are many supplements and lifestyle changes you can make to help you achieve this goal. We have created a guide to help you better understand what supplements to implement into your routine to prevent or combat gas and bloating.
When you had a bit too much greasy food:
We have all been there, you are out with your friends at this new Mexican restaurant that just opened up and you ordered the greasy burrito that looked just a little too good to pass up. In the moment it was amazing, but now you find yourself regretting it by the second once it starts affecting your stomach. Luckily, there are supplements that can help aid you in reducing stomach bloating when this occurs.
- Charcoal is known to attach to whatever substance is hurting your body in that moment and help flush it out of your system. Charcoal can be found in a pill form for your convenience.
- Another supplement that can help when you have just a bit too much greasy food is Cinnamon. Cinnamon can help fats be digested easier that would otherwise take much too long to go in and out of your system.
When you are struggling with digesting dairy or gluten:
A big portion of stomach bloating comes from our bodies lack of ability to digest foods easily, and a lot of these foods include dairy and gluten. Now, much like most people in this world, I doubt you are willing to give up that charcuterie board at Sunday Brunch simply to reduce your stomach bloating. Don’t worry, neither am I, but I am here to tell you that we have some good news on how to make that process a bit easier.
- Digestive Enzymes can already be found in our bodies, and they help us break down all the foods that come into our bodies. Adding an extra digestive enzyme supplement can give you that extra boost of support when it comes to your digestive process, which would lead to less bloating and discomfort.
- Another helpful enzyme are lactase enzymes. Most people who are intolerant to dairy lack the enzyme needed to digest it properly. This is where lactase enzymes come in. Lactase enzymes help to give you that enzyme needed to break down the sugar and lactose found in dairy products. Adding this into your routine before consuming dairy can help aid in your digestion which in turn will help reduce stomach bloating caused by dairy.
Overall, there are many supplements out there that are simply beneficial to your digestive system and helping in reducing stomach bloating. We are going to break down just a few for you here.
- As I am probably sure you heard before, probiotics are an essential supplement to add to your daily routine. Probiotics are a great way to add good bacteria into your body. This is especially helpful if you are bit under the weather, to help overpower the bad bacteria in your body. Probiotics is a great way to get extra vitamins and help into your body while also helping you digest food easier. Check out our very own Probiotic Renu for yourself!
- Ginger is another great supplement to reduce stomach bloating. Ginger helps to reduce inflammation in your gut. You can incorporate into your meals or even just boil it with some water to get the benefits from it.
- Fennel seeds is also known to help aid digestion, because of the oils that are inside of them. It will help to reduce inflammation or swelling in your intestines, as well as relax the muscles in your intestines leading to less constipation.
- Lastly, we have dandelion! Dandelion can be found in tea form making it super simple to add into your day. Whether you are winding down with a good book at night or wanting to start your morning off right, dandelion tea will be there for you every step of the way. Dandelion is a diuretic that helps reduce the amount of water retention in your system. This excess water leads to bloating throughout your whole body.
If you're looking for an easy and effective way to include ginger, fennel, and dandelion root into you daily routine, our Sexy & Slim formula contains all of these natural ingredients AND MORE to help reduce bloating.
Although the bloated feeling is something we all have to deal with from time to time does not mean there aren’t ways to make the process just a bit more bearable. Along with adding these supplements to your routine, your exercise levels and the way you eat also can help reduce stomach bloating. Even something as simple as going on walks or doing a 20-minute yoga workout, can help boost the blood flow in your digestive tract leading to better overall digestion. Bloating, digestion problems, and inflammation are all things we hope to avoid, but if we can’t avoid them at least we now know how to tackle them! Eating your favorite cheese has never seemed easier!