As surreal as it is to believe, we are rolling up to the end of the year here, and now is the time to start reflecting on this past year. Reflection is an important part of any process, as it helps you to better understand your needs and hopes moving forward. The new year is a great time to start fresh and give yourself that reset in any parts of your life that you think might need some changing. In today’s blog, we are going to dive into how you can reflect and ways in which you can change your life in 2022.
The Importance of Reflection and How To Incorporate it Into Your Routine
Given that it is filled with 365 days, a whole year can make quite a big impact on your overall life, and understanding what happened throughout the year is vital in shaping who you are today. A great way to head into the new year with a strong mindset and stronger values is to reflect on all the good and bad memories of the past year. Trying to better understand ways in which you could have handled certain situations better or even noting times in which you were truly happy, can help shape the activities/people you incorporate into your life this next year.
There are a number of ways you can reflect and the great part about it is that you can choose the way that makes most sense for you! Some people tend to enjoy reflecting on their own time which could include writing in a journal everything about the past year that you can remember or what stood out to you. Another way to personally reflect is to simply throw on your favorite music and sit back and listen to whatever comes to mind. Now, if you are someone who tends to like to hash things out with another person to support you, there are also options for you!
A great way to reflect is to get together with a very important person in your life, and go back and forth sharing all the memories you both can think of and talk to one another about it. Sometimes you might encounter that a certain situation might still be bothering you more than you remembered. This is a great way to make sure all of those bothersome and tedious emotions are taken care of before diving head first into a new year. However you decide to do it, reflection is one of our greatest tools and the first step in this process.
New Year’s Resolutions That Can Maximize Your Potential
It is no secret that there are hundreds of different ways in which you can spruce up your life with new year's resolutions, but sometimes it can be hard to stick with them. After reflecting on your past year and deciding the ways in which you want to move forward with your life, you must try to figure out which ones you are actually going to want to stick to. It can be overwhelming to choose too many at a time, so narrowing down your choices to a couple of main sectors will be vital to your success. Here are some ideas for new year’s resolutions!
- A workout routine - For many people, exercise is something that comes second to everything else, and although we understand how busy life can get, prioritizing exercise can be a life-changing decision for many reasons. Exercise has been proven to help your mind, digestive system, energy levels, and of course a great way to reach your health goals by staying in shape.
- Eating mindfully - If you are someone who struggles with eating healthy, it is important to understand the difference between eating healthy and mindfully. It can be challenging to eat healthy 100% of the time, which is why instead we should work towards eating mindfully and making smart decisions to reach our goals rather than expecting perfection all the time. You will find that your goals are much more attainable when you allow yourself room for a treat every now and then.
- Get your digestive system on track - Your gut’s health is a great indicator of your overall health, and knowing how to get it on track is vital for a healthier future. To learn more about how to get your digestive system on track, click here.
- Take your vitamins - As straightforward as it sounds, sometimes reminding yourself to take those vitamins you have in the back of your pantry can prove to be challenging. Having a routine to turn to in times of stress will make sure you do not get off track. Our 3-step wellness routine would be a great addition to your new year plans. It contains three different vitamins that all work together to ensure your digestive system, energy levels, and overall wellness is being supported.They are vitamins that help with bloating and are filled with digestive enzymes. Invest in yourself this coming new year and shop here today!
- Break Your Unhealthy Habits - During your reflection period, it might be wise to reflect on what habits you are hoping to break in the new year. This could lead to new habits that are both healthy and effective in creating something you are proud of. For more tips and tricks on how to break these unhealthy habits and implement new ones, click here!
- Invest time in a new hobby - When your day is jam packed with a number of different chores and responsibilities, it can be hard to find time for yourself. This is why implementing a new hobby into your routine that you can work towards dedicating time to can be a great way to tap into a creative outlet for yourself. Whether it be painting, cooking more often, or diving into those books that have been collecting dust on your shelves, take the time out of your days or weeks this year to focus on you!
Regardless of the new year’s resolutions you choose to tackle this coming year, make sure you are taking the time out of your day to check in with yourself on what your goals truly are. It is never too late to start taking the steps to a better tomorrow!