Many recent studies have shown a connection between one’s gut health and their overall immune system and mental health. Taking care of your gut has never been more important to create the healthiest lifestyle for yourself.
Our digestive tracts have hundreds of different bacteria, most of which are beneficial for your health, but making sure you have the right balance is what will have you feeling all the benefits of a healthy gut. Thankfully, there are many ways to know when your gut is needing some extra TLC and how to go about it.
Signs of an Unhealthy Gut
One of the most obvious signs that your gut may not be so happy with you is an upset stomach. Having symptoms like bloating, constipation, or diarrhea could be a signal from your body telling you it is time to get things in order. This is because, if your body was aligned and healthy it would not have as much of an issue processing the food you consume, leading to none of these pesky symptoms. Some other similar symptoms might include gas and bloating as well.
Another reason why your gut may be calling for help is due to your high consumption of processed sugary foods. When you continuously give your body a certain type of food it will become programmed to crave it even more leading to overeating of something that may not be beneficial especially not in moderation. Sugar refined foods especially are important to keep an eye on, because they are known to cause inflammation in the body you want to avoid.
If you find your weight fluctuating without other major changes to your diet or exercise routine this could be a sign your gut is having trouble regulating all the nutrients or fat you are putting into your body. Another symptom may be poor sleep. Your tossing and turning in the middle of the night might be your body’s way of telling you it needs some gut help. This is because most of our body’s serotonin which affects our sleeping patterns is found in the gut.
Some studies have also found that food intolerances could contribute to the unappealing symptoms of an unhealthy gut like diarrhea and bloating. Some of the main food intolerances that could be contributing to your symptoms are lactose intolerance which is issues with dairy products and gluten intolerance which is issues with foods like different grains and breads. Figuring out what foods are hurting your gut could be the first step to relieving these awful symptoms.
Ways to Combat Your Gut Issues
None of these gut symptoms sound pleasant but thankfully there are ways to ensure you are taking the right steps to nurture a happy and healthy gut.
- Stress - It may be obvious but making sure you are taking care of yourself mentally is important to ensuring your body’s different functions are up and running properly. If you find that your stress levels are off the chart recently, be sure to take the steps to add a little self care to your every day routine. Some activities that might help include: meditation, journaling, going on a walk/run, or even socializing with friends.
- Sleep - This also ties into another important part to life that is required to keep our gut running, and that is sleeping! Making sure you are taking the steps to ensure you are having the right amount of sleep consistently and throughout the night is important for your body to use that time to recover.
- Hydration - Much like with our health in general, water is the true leader. Keeping that water bottle filled constantly will ensure you are consuming enough water to keep your body hydrated and your energy levels up. Being hydrated not only helps your skin and energy levels, it also helps with keeping your gut in check. It ensures that you are keeping a healthy environment for the good bacteria in your gut to grow, and helps with the mucous lining of your gut.
- The Right Foods - This along with a healthy diet that aligns with your goals, and being sure to check out for any food intolerances will be the right steps towards a happy stomach. Although moderation is key, limiting your intake of processed foods and refined sugars as much as possible is the best way to ensure you are doing the best you can to take care of your gut.
Supplements That Could Help You on Your Journey
- Probiotics - Probiotics are a great way to get healthy bacteria into your gut. There are many ways to get your intake of probiotics including through yogurt or even probiotics pills. Our very own Probiotic Renu has many great ingredients that are beneficial to your gut health. Our Probiotic Renu includes both bifido probiotic cultures which help facilitate digestion of complex carbs and fibers that your body may struggle to digest on your own and lacto probiotic cultures which produce lactase that helps control the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut. Probiotic Renu will become your new best friend every morning that will be there to not only support your gut but also help fight fatigue, promote heart health, and help boost your immunity.
- Any Soothing Supplements - There are many different supplements that help with soothing and repairing your mucous membranes and help the gut healing process. These supplements include marshmallow root, licorice, and aloe vera.
- A Digestive Enzyme Supplement - Digestive enzymes are important in aiding your digestive tract, because they help your body break down food or any proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in a quick and healthy way. Our product Sexy & Slim contains a digestive enzyme complex that includes amylase, protease, pepsin, lipase, bromelain, and papain. To highlight a couple, lipase is important for boosting the absorption of fat in your body and breaking it down so it is easier for your body to process. In addition pepsin helps with the digestion process. Overall, our product Sexy & Slim is taken at night to aid you in all your digestive needs as well as restoring liver health and helping to reduce bloating.
Gut Health Is Possible
Whether you are just learning about how to take care of your gut, or are a renowned specialist in the topic, this guide can help you get the basics down to lead a healthy life without any of those annoying symptoms we would all like to avoid. You will never regret taking those few extra steps in your morning or night routine to ensure you are doing the best you can to treat your gut right and aiming for good digestive health.