The habits that we adopt throughout our lives are just as impactful on our overall health as our diets. It is important to continuously implement healthy habits throughout our day when it comes to fostering a stable digestive system and a healthy lifestyle. Consistency is vital if you want to see long-term positive results for your healthy habits. Today, we are going to break down different habits you can implement prior to each meal to improve your digestion and health.
Habits to Implement to Your Routine in the Mornings Before Breakfast
- Hydrate - Our bodies tend to become dehydrated and acidic during the night due to a lack of fluids and nutrients for such a long period of time. One of the first things we should focus on in the mornings is getting our hydration levels and body back in order for the day ahead. Cold water will help to kickstart your metabolism and hydrate you from the inside out.
- Take a Probiotic Supplement - A probiotic supplement that helps with bloating ensures that your gut bacteria is properly balanced. When our gut is infested with bad bacteria we can start to experience symptoms of a compromised gastrointestinal system such as bloating, constipation, and irregular bowel movements. We recommend taking your probiotic every morning before you consume your breakfast. The probiotic will be most effective on an empty stomach, and will effectively help you to support a healthy digestive process throughout the rest of your day. Check out our very own probiotic supplement called Probiotic Renu that contains both bifido probiotic cultures and lacto probiotic cultures.
- Abdominal Massage - Sometimes one can wake up feeling bloated and uncomfortable. The last thing you want is to start your day with digestive issues. The stool inside of your colon can be blocked up for one reason or another. Giving yourself an abdominal massage can help to move along your digestive process and promote a bowel movement first thing in the morning.
- Meditate - Meditating in the morning is beneficial for a number of reasons including promoting healthy digestion, centering your mind before the day ahead, and boosting your immunity levels. Meditating and focusing on your breathing boosts the amount of oxygen circulating through your body. It helps to ensure that your body is brought down from any state of stress it might be experiencing which in turn minimizes your chances of experiencing chronic inflammation.
How to Improve Your Digestion and Health Throughout Your Day
- Prioritize Movement - Prioritizing physical movement is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Exercise helps to promote blood flow throughout your whole body including your digestive tract. Exercise also helps to reduce inflammation, stress, and fatigue all of which can contribute to poor digestion. When it comes to reaping the benefits of exercise, the intensity of the exercise is not what matters, but rather the constant dedication to movement. Yoga, long walks, hiking, and pilates are all examples of low-impact exercise options that can be implemented into every routine.
- Support your Energy Levels - Sometimes days can be long and tiring to the point that you have little room to prioritize aspects of your life such as your health. Taking a supplement with natural ingredients that can give you an energy boost throughout your day is a great way to ensure that you have the energy you need to achieve all it is that you want. It is also a great alternative to other energy-boosting activities such as drinking coffee which can cause symptoms of anxiety in some people.
- Eat Smaller Meals More Frequently - In order to minimize your chances of experiencing overeating symptoms try opting for smaller meals more frequently throughout your day. This will allow your digestive system the chance to absorb the minerals and nutrients from the foods you are consuming more efficiently and with less complications. It can especially help symptoms of heartburn.
- Avoid Processed Sugars and Fats - During a busy day it can become easy to turn to fast foods that contain processed sugars and fats, but it is important to prioritize your health in times of stress and chaos. Fast food contains little to no nutritional value that is needed to help support a strong body that can get you through your day. Meal planning can be a great way to avoid having to reach for processed foods in times of need.
Evening Rituals to do Before and After Dinner Time
- Take The Best Digestive Enzymes - Digestive enzymes help the body properly break down the foods we consume in order for us to be able to digest and absorb their nutrients to the fullest potential. Sexy & Slim is a bloating supplement that contains a digestive enzyme complex for all of your digestive-supporting needs. We recommend taking the supplement with your dinner to best help you digest the food you are consuming. Sexy & Slim also contains several other ingredients that help with inflammation and your immunity levels.
- Drink an Herbal Tea - There are several types of tea that help to promote proper digestion such as peppermint tea, chamomile tea, and ginger tea. Chamomile tea is an especially great option to end your evening with due to its relaxation properties.
- Allow Time for Proper Digestion - It is incredibly important to take it easy and to avoid lying down after eating your dinner. Going to bed too quickly can cause heartburn, indigestion, and stomach pain. Eating earlier on in the night is a great way to avoid this issue, and instead allow your stomach the chance to digest your food properly before bedtime.
- Prioritize Teeth Hygiene - Believe it or not, the health of your teeth can indicate a lot about the status of your digestive health. Tooth decay can impact our ability to properly chew our food which is an essential part of the digestive process. Gum disease can also contribute to the growth of potentially harmful bacteria in your mouth. That bacteria starts to travel to your stomach leading to even more complications. Be sure that you are prioritizing your oral health every morning and night.