A new year offers us a chance to reinvent ourselves. It is a chance to do those things we have been putting off for quite some time and for adopting those hobbies we have been meaning to implement into our lives. There is so much positivity and motivational energy that comes with a new year, and now is our chance to tap into it! Below are some ways you can elevate your life this coming year to be one filled with more love, peace, and happiness.
Morning Routine Changes to Become More Energized and At Peace for the Day Ahead
Mornings are sacred. Mornings are a chance for us to say hello to the world and reach a mental state that will support us throughout the rest of our day, and yet, we sometimes tend to rush through it. Aside from taking your bloating supplements that contain gut health enzymes, here are some ways to better utilize your mornings to increase your energy and boost your mood!
- Connect With Yourself Before Anything Else - In today’s day and age, it has become commonplace to reach for your phone or laptop first thing in the morning. We have the world at our fingertips thanks to these devices, and we tend to prioritize the “world” before ourselves. Due to the day to day distractions that already characterize the day, we should be connecting with ourselves in the morning before interacting with anything else. This is why we are proposing a device free morning. It will minimize your anxiety, while also help you to prioritize what is important – your brain and body.
- Exercise - Movement helps so many different aspects of our health, but many tend to let it fall to the wayside. Exercising in the morning is a great way to ensure you are moving your body without having to worry about it later on in the day. It is also a wonderful way to get a natural boost of energy. Try implementing exercise into your morning routine at least a couple times a week, and notice the ways your mood and physical reactions change throughout the rest of the day.
- Stand in the Sun - The world is a beautiful and it can be easy to overlook when you are distracted with the day’s challenges. In order to feel more connected and appreciative of the earth, I want to dedicate time each morning to stand outside and soak up the morning sun. There is a sacred quietness that comes with mornings. It can be used as a moment of reflection or meditation to have a moment of peace before the day begins.
Ways To Improve Your Quality of Life During The Work Week
The work week can become stressful, anxiety-inducing, and downright tiring. It is important to take moments for yourself throughout the week to minimize these side effects. Here are some ways to improve your quality of life during the work week – especially for those extra painful moments.
- Schedule a Lunch Date - With a full-time schedule, it can be hard to find the time to be social. Scheduling a lunch date with a fellow coworker, friend, or loved one can be a great way to spice up your work week without the added commitment of having to head somewhere after the work day is done. It can also be a great way to have a true breather from work during the day, rather than simply looking to get your lunch break over with.
- Take Breaks - Sometimes during those moments when all you feel is frustration and anxiety, all you need is a break. If you do not think you are getting any quality work done, give yourself the grace to step outside and have a moment for yourself. Sometimes all one needs is to disconnect a moment.
- Learn to Say No - Are you someone that tends to automatically say yes to any task someone presents to you? Constantly saying yes to responsibilities can lead to burnout and minimize your ability to properly do your job. In 2024, commit yourself to creating boundaries and learning when to say no to protect your own mental stability.
- Treat Yourself - Hard work deserves to be recognized. Whether it is with buying a sweet treat at the grocery store or drawing yourself a hot bath after an especially long day, try to find ways throughout your week to appreciate all of your hard work. This will make those extra long days feel even more worth it.
Evening Rituals To Avoid Burnout and Improve Quality of Self-Care
Evenings are meant to wind down, relax, and celebrate the day that just passed. Everyone’s free time is going to look a little different in the evenings depending on their schedule, but here are some ways to elevate your self-care in the evenings regardless of who you are.
- Dance! - Dancing is a great way to get your body moving and boost those endorphins. It can be a great way to let loose after a long work day, and can be done on your own or with loved ones. Dancing is something that we always used to do in our childhoods without a second though – why not bring some of that joy into adulthood? The next time you have some energy to burn at the end of the day, turn on your favorite song and get moving!
- Do a Face or Hair Mask - Face and hair masks are easy ways to give yourself some extra self-care at the end of the day with little commitment. They usually take 10-15 minutes to set in, and you will leave the practice feeling that much more refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Read a book - Sometimes all you need after a long day is to be transported into another world. We have all been there, and reading a good book can be a great way to do just that! Let 2024 be the year that reignites your passion for reading and learning. Who knows what you will learn along the way?