Have you felt in a rut lately? Sometimes life can be overwhelming, and all one needs is a moment to reset and rejuvenate themselves. It is incredibly important to check-in with yourself every now and then to gauge how you are feeling and to identify what you need. Today, we are going to share with you our must-do activities for the ultimate night.
How Stress Impacts Your Body and Ways to Relieve Stress
Being under constant stress is incredibly bad for your mental and physical health. Symptoms can range from headaches and anxiety to digestive ailments and restlessness. When a person is stressed their body enters fight or flight mode. Being in this state causes your body to avert its focus from functions such as your digestive process. Your central nervous system slows down the contractions of your digestive muscles and reduces the production of the secretions used during the digestive process.
In order to avoid these unfortunate symptoms, one must work to avoid feeling stress for prolonged periods of time. Here are some ways to minimize stress levels and help your body relax:
- Exercise: Exercising is a great way to blow off some steam and reduce stress levels. Exercising increases endorphins which are hormones in your body that will reduce your stress and boost your mood. If you are feeling particularly frustrated, try getting outside for a run or heading to a local yoga class. Exercise is also a great way to get out of your mind and exert your body. This is especially helpful for those who struggle with getting a good night’s sleep.
- Meditate: Meditating is a great way to get your thoughts in order and bring you a sense of peace. The beauty of meditation is that it can be done anywhere and at all times making it a wonderful option to relieve stress.
- Spend time with loved ones: Surrounding yourself with people who care about you is a great way to reduce stress levels. Take a break from whatever is ailing your mind and instead focus on the connections you have with the people in your life. Remember that your support system is there to get you through the bad times just as much as the good times.
All of these activities can be great additions to your evening routine!
The Evening Routine That Will Leave You Feeling Rejuvenated
Evenings are the best time to wind down and focus on relaxing. It is the time where you focus on preparing for the day ahead. Here are some of our evening routine non-negotiables that uplifts women’s wellness.
- Run A Bath: Your body goes through a variety of changes as you head into the late hours of the day. You start to produce more melatonin and feel sleepier as the hours go on. Taking a bath can help to promote sleepiness by dropping your internal temperature.
- Stretch: After a long day, our muscles can feel over exerted. Stretching helps promote body rejuvenation during sleep. If you are someone who wakes up feeling achy, you might find that stretching in the evening can help to reduce this pain.
- Create a to-do list for the day ahead: Are you someone who struggles with planning in the mornings? Creating a to-do list for the next day in the evenings will help to eliminate any anxiety or stress the following morning. You can head to bed knowing you have your day planned and that you have narrowed down what you need to accomplish.
- Paint or read a book: The act of reading helps to calm the mind and lull you to sleep. Painting is another great activity to do in the evenings, because it is a way to stimulate your mind without the blue light effects one gets from watching television or scrolling on your phone.
- Listen to music: Listening to music is a great way to calm your mind and boost your mood. The beauty of music is that you can listen to it when you are doing other activities around the house. It can be especially helpful when you are trying to reduce the chatter in your brain.
Items That Should Be Apart of Your Evening Routine to Support Your Health
These are some items that we recommend adding to your evening routine to support your health and boost your immune system.
- A digestive enzyme supplement: A digestive enzyme supplement helps to support your digestive system by giving your body the enzymes it needs to properly digest foods. There are different enzymes that help to digest certain foods. For example, the digestive enzyme called protease helps the body digest proteins. While our bodies naturally produce these enzymes, taking a digestive enzyme supplement helps to support your digestive process even more. Our Sexy & Slim has a digestive enzyme complex and other all-natural ingredients that target bloating, digestive ailments, and inflammation.
- Herbal teas: Herbal teas are a wonderful beverage option to wind down in the evenings. The herbs in herbal teas have relaxing properties and can even help to reduce inflammation in the body. Chamomile and lavender tea are two amazing teas to drink in the evenings. This is also a great alternative for coffee if you are someone who tends to drink it in the evenings. It will still offer you the feeling of drinking something at night without the added jitters and restlessness that can come with drinking caffeine late at night.
- Essential oils: Essential oils can help to promote relaxation. Lavender oil is the ultimate oil for a better night sleep. You can put a couple of drops on your pillow to reap its benefits.
While you might not have a chance every night to indulge in these relaxing activities, it is important to set aside time here and there to focus on relaxation. The last thing you want to do is exert yourself to the point of burnout as this will cause a host of different mental and physical complications. Prioritizing sleep and finding ways to minimize stress levels should be a pillar to your health habits.