During the summer, the days become longer, and the sun becomes brighter. The amount of time we spend in the sunlight significantly increases, and so does the amount of time we stay active and busy. Challenges and positive changes come with each new season, and because of this, my routine also adapts. I want to share all the must-have activities to add to your summer daily routine from the morning to the evening!
How To Start Your Morning Off Right In the Summer
The morning can be a sacred time to get centered for your day. While it might be hard to get out of bed in the morning, giving yourself those extra 10 to 20 minutes to have to yourself can make all the difference in your mood and energy. The following are some summer morning activities that will help prepare you for the day ahead mentally and physically.
- Sit outside in the sun. Sunshine releases serotonin in your body, provides you with vitamin D, and can help to regulate your circadian rhythm. Your circadian rhythm is an internal clock responsible for helping your body regulate its state of alertness.
- Start drinking water first thing in the morning. When you wake up, your body has gone the entire time you were asleep without a sip of water. It needs to be replenished continuously throughout the day. It is easier to continue to drink water throughout your day if you consume water early on in the day.
- Get your body moving in some way. With the hustle and bustle of daily life, it can be challenging to find time to squeeze in physical activity. Find a small yet impactful exercise to do in the mornings to help wake your body up. Physical activity also gives your digestive system a boost of support.
- Make healthy choices in the morning. The morning is crucial to tell how the rest of your day will go. If you start your day on the wrong foot, it will be hard to recenter yourself later on. Make those healthy choices at the beginning of your day to get good momentum. Eating a well-balanced breakfast is a great place to start.
- Find something that will motivate you to get out of bed every morning. For some people, coffee in the morning is more about the ritual than the coffee itself. Sometimes, getting out of bed is about finding small acts that will motivate you to do so. For me, it is the act of turning on my favorite music and journaling in the mornings.
Elevate Your Afternoon Activities With These Tips
Have you ever heard of or experienced the afternoon slump? After lunchtime, people might feel extra fatigued. While this is incredibly common, it can be super frustrating to become tired in the middle of your work day suddenly. Luckily, there are ways to escape to the sunshine during the summer months to find that much-needed energy boost.
Find the time to take a break during your busy day and reset your body and mind with the following tips.
- Sit outside and take in nature’s sounds. Sometimes, our decline in energy can be from stress or burnout, and all we need is to take a step back. Step away from your working space and allow yourself to become fully immersed in the nearest area of nature you can find. You can remove your shoes and ground yourself for a more satisfying experience. You might find that the fog has cleared your brain, and you are ready to take on the rest of your day.
- Take a vitamin for bloating and energy. Your decline in energy might be due to poor digestion or poor eating habits. A vitamin that helps with bloating and raises energy levels will become your best friend in the afternoons. Metaboliz does just that! It contains all-natural ingredients that target your energy and digestion.
- Summer can be a great time to dust off that old bike and get some distance on it. A short bike ride in the afternoon will lift your spirits, kick your body into active mode, and boost your energy levels naturally. For an even more fitting summer experience, visit your local smoothie shop for a refreshing post-biking drink.
The Evening Checklist That Will Transform Your Summer Nights
We have made it to the evening portion of your day. The evening is to relax and get ready for the next day. Here are some summer evening activities we recommend adding to your routine to stay productive and to boost your overall health.
- Due to the hot weather, your digestive system slows down in summer. Due to this change, staying extra vigilant about taking your probiotic for bloating, your digestive enzyme supplement, and drinking water is essential. Eating a light and refreshing dinner will help alleviate some potential pressure on your digestive tract. Try minimizing the greasy food and instead opt for grilled food!
- Adapt your sleep environment to the weather. The hotter weather might mean a hotter room at the end of the day. Depending on your sleeping preference, adapt your space to the temperature changes. Adding an extra fan or keeping your blinds shut throughout the day can help minimize the sunlight's impact. The last thing you need is to experience a restless night of sleep due to the heat.
- Prepare yourself for the day ahead. Summer is when people tend to get busier with plans and extracurricular. The best way to avoid burnout is by staying one step ahead with your planning. Planning your day or week at night will seem less stressful and help you in the long run.
- Find an activity to do outside in the evenings. Sitting outside with a hot glass of herbal tea and a good summer read is one of my all-time favorite activities. Finding small ways to spruce up your evenings will make all the difference in your mood. We must take advantage of all the beauty nature has to offer during the summer.
We hope we have inspired you to find more ways to take care of yourself this summer!