As the warm weather approaches, it's the perfect time to indulge in delicious and nourishing meals that are not only kind to your taste buds but also promote a healthy gut. In this collection of summer recipes, we've curated a selection of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options that are packed with fresh ingredients and designed to support your digestive health. These recipes prioritize gut-friendly ingredients while still delivering on flavor and satisfaction. Get ready to savor the season with these wholesome and tasty dishes that will leave you feeling nourished and energized.
Breakfast: Berry Chia Pudding Parfait
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- ¼ cup granola
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- In a jar or bowl, mix chia seeds, almond milk, and maple syrup (if desired). Stir well to combine.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then stir again to prevent clumps.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight until the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid and the mixture has thickened.
- In serving glasses or bowls, layer the chia pudding, mixed berries, and granola.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve chilled.
Lunch: Chilled Cucumber & Avocado Soup
- 2 large cucumbers (peeled and diced)
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine the cucumbers, avocado, Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Chill the soup in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional dill and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Dinner: Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Skewers
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- Assorted vegetables (bell peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread the chicken cubes and vegetables onto skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to make the marinade.
- Brush the marinade generously over the chicken and vegetable skewers, coating them evenly.
- Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- While grilling, baste the skewers with any remaining marinade for added flavor.
- Once done, remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the grilled chicken and vegetable skewers hot as a delicious and nutritious main course. You can accompany them with a side of quinoa, a fresh salad, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your gut-friendly and healthy summer meals!
Another way to help support your gut health this summer is by supplementing with all-natural and clean products. Make it simple with just 3-steps a day! Our 3-Step Wellness Kit helps you to optimize your gut health, stay energized, boost immunity, and reduce bloating.