Get ready for spooky season, without spooking your gut! Here are 3 gut-friendly recipes for Halloween, so that you can still enjoy the fun holiday, without compromising your gut health journey.
GUT-FRIENDLY PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- 1 & 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs!)
- 3 tbsp any non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash pink salt
- optional: sugar-free chocolate chips / chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line muffin tin.
- Add oats to your blender and blend on high until you reach a flour-like consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) to your blender and blend until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins. Top with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 27-34 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
GUT-FRIENDLY PUMPKIN CHOCOlATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 almond butter
- l egg, room temperature (or flax egg)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour/or any gf flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- In a mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, almond butter, egg, vanilla syrup, and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices to the wet ingredients, mixing until everything is combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate. Cover the dough and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line with parchment paper. Scoop the cookies.
- Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges are browned, (the center can be left a little raw) Allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN CINNAMON CRISPS
- Gluten free tortillas
- Olive oil
- Coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line with baking sheet
- Combine coconut sugar and ground cinnamon in a bowl until combined.
- Cut tortillas into whatever shape you desire!
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil, flip and brush opposite sides too.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake until golden and crispy. Remove from oven
- and lightly brush with more olive oil.
- Gently toss the baked and oiled chips in the cinnamon sugar! Serve at room temperature or as desired.